We are a fast growing digital marketing agency in Newcastle, specialising in websites and organic marketing services such as copywriting, email marketing and social media for Australian small businesses.
We are nearly three years old and have built an excellent reputation for our awesome customer experience, and our transparent and uncomplicated service. We have a solid pipeline of future business and we need a talented, organised and detail-oriented Web Designer to join the team. Our Web Designer must have the ability to create modern, user-friendly websites that meet the design and functionality specifications of the client, are built for conversions, and optimised for search engines. (Not just a pretty website!)
About this exciting role
Specifically, in this role you’ll be:
- Working with different content management systems, mainly WordPress and Shopify.
- Conceptualising creative ideas with clients.
- Interpreting a brief, design quickly and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Using your excellent communication skills to coordinate the development of full-scale projects and collaborate with stakeholders from various backgrounds, including developers, copywriters and email marketers.
- Incorporating your knowledge of website design and development, best practices, SEO and user experience.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Communicating design ideas using site maps and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Testing and improving the design and conversion of the website.
- Supporting the business and clients with website updates and maintenance.
- Coordinating each project and work closely with clients, managing requests and deadlines while balancing technical and creative outcomes.
- Assisting the Director with keeping projects on track and within budget.
- Keeping up with digital design trends and helping to create new ones too.
- Contributing to the evolution of our services, systems and processes.
- Demonstrating an exceptional attention to detail.
More about you
We’re looking for someone who has a minimum of 3-4 years of website design experience. You’ll be comfortable working closely with the Director as well as our remote team and small business clients. Experience working within an agency setting is advantageous but not essential.
This position is primarily a front-end designer role, but experience in other areas of web development would be an advantage. You’ll also have very high attention to detail and you’re a stickler for impeccable spelling and grammar.
This is a permanent part-time role (10-15 hours a week) based in Newcastle, preferably in-house with the Director (we did say you’d be working closely with her!), with the potential to work flexibly from home. Remuneration is above award. This position is suitable for a parent with school aged kids.
- Relevant qualification or proven work experience as a website designer.
- Sound knowledge of CMS such as WordPress and Shopify.
- Basic coding knowledge (HTML, CSS, liquid).
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles.
- A keen eye for design detail.
- Understanding of Good UX & UI principles.
- Ability to project manage.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Takes initiative and thinks outside the square.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Time management skills.
- Self-starter, with the ability to handle responsibility.
- Organised, efficient, and dedicated.
- Reliable and capable.
A working knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- Hosting & domains
- Page builders such as Elementor, Divi and WPBakery
- Google products like Analytics, Search Console, Google My Business
- Email marketing platform such as MailChimp and Klaviyo
What's in it for you
You’ll be working directly and closely with the Director who is a flexible and supportive employer.
The right person will enjoy working with us as we are a hardworking, dynamic, growing business where we set the bench high in expectations for ourselves and our clients. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture where people love to come to work, learn, share and grow – and having a blast in the process.
Your opinion will be welcome, expected and valued and as a small nimble business, we can make quick decisions, so we are always looking to improve grow and evolve… and we want to take you on that journey with us!
So if you’ve read to this point and you feel excited, we’d love you to follow these steps to apply.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and address the below 5 questions in the body of the email. Please also make it easy to spot by putting [WEB] in the subject heading of the email.
Here are the questions:
· Tell us about your website design experience. How many years have you been designing websites?
· Do you have a portfolio you can share with us?
· Where does your strength in web design lie? Are there any items listed above you are not confident in?
· Why does this role in this business appeal to you? What specifically can you bring and what interests you about us?
· Anything else you’d like us to know?
Applications close by COB Wednesday 7 July, 2021.